BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday 30 January 2011

I like potatoes!

yay! Saturday morning training and off to test my new wheel set up (don't panic, nothing fancy, just switched 4 Suregrips for 4 Caymans) and so, met the wife at 8.20 to get the bus/train with wifey looking extra loaded up as she was heading off to Swansea after practise to skate in Vixens vs Sirens on the Sunday. Usual jabber about everything and nothing for the next 40 Min's seeing us pulling away from Central station in a cab and Rhayfen pulling squishy faces on the window at Jinx after we spot her.


As usual the hall was FREEZING! But I would say that, I feel the cold anyway, so after us all whining as we changed and padded up we got straight into warm ups and exercise. I think my balance is getting a bit better now but I'm still having the occasional wobble, still not a bad thing. Endurance up next, we had to line up from slowest to fastest skater (no prizes for guessing my position in the queue!) and skate 2 laps with everyone following, once the first skater did their 2 they dropped to the back and had to keep up, and so on and so forth. Penalty for not keeping up, into the centre and press ups, planks & squats! Tbh on the second time around I didn't even try to keep up, my legs decided to turn to jelly as soon as I'd finished my 2 lead laps so I just sucked it up and took the penalty.

From there we went onto countering/receiving blocks and I was paired up with Tara - she's got the patience of a saint bless her and knows how crap my balance has been of late so we worked on my leaning into her and pushing her off the track (thanks lovely!) Unfortunately I had to pull out of the pack blocking practise as my wonderful gum shield decided to take a chunk of my tooth with it! grrrrr.....was a good chance to watch the pack, practise backwards skating and turns and to keep an eye for penalties so I was still learning. From here we went onto work on teamwork and listening skills, great fun! Before we knew it the session was nearing an end, so, stops, cool downs and stretches to finish - well that and videoing Rhayfen doing turns so I can work on them in my living room, hey whatever works I say!

After the session, sustenance was needed so, although originally planning on going to a veggie cafe, we decided to stop at SpudULike instead - cheese, beans, garlic bread - WE LIKE POTATOES! and so, hunger quelled, we wandered off planning more mischief and after a quick trip to LUSH we separated. Wife, I hope you kicked ass at Swansea :D

Til next time!

xxxxxx

0 comments: