BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday 11 January 2011

Monday night madness

Whats that? Training on a Monday? oh yeah! After sorting out the domestic stuffs I was picked up by Up Ya Jonsey with Knuckle Sandwich Nancy and wifey Rhayfen already in the car. Much yapping about diets, weddings and other such nonsense ensued and a fab gift from Knuckle Sandwich Nancy as part of the handmade pledge thingy of a totally awesome name badge (will get a pic asap)


Got to Glan Hafren and the first thing that hit me when I walked in the hall was it was BLOODY FREEZING!! However we had some girls from Bridgend Rockabilly Rollers training with us so it was going to be fab. Padded up, skates on - cut off the circulation to my feet again (really must stop doing that!) and off we went into warm ups and training. I still hate planks, I think I will always hate planks but hey ho, 30 second planks it was on demand :s After a few more drills we were split off into 2 groups and set to practise different things. Our smaller group was split into 2 and after practising lateral skating went onto falls. Left knee falls I can do no problem, right knee - nuh uh, leftie wants to go straight down after and lets not even talk about 180s! However thanks to Jammers Assistant I know where I'm going wrong with them and what to practise :D

After that we went on to trolley dollying, pulling (it makes sense in my head) and a bit of lateral skating to blocking, poor Up Ya Jonsey! As she's still off skates atm she offered to hold the blocking pad and I dont think she was expecting half the hits she got from our group, although it was great fun!

Following that, we went onto jumping - uh oh! now if you've read my previous blogs you'll know I've only ever jumped once, and that was a teeny one! ok, so off we go one after the other but would you know it I nailed a teeny one again. Second time not so good, third time "too far forward, corrected, too far back, corrected, over corrected, oh hello floor" less jump more frog splash! Up Ya Jonsey said I was rather entertaining though hehe - I will not be deterred however and this shall be the month I master jumping. After that the ladies went on to play 'Queen of the rink', I however sat that one out as my gumshield is naff and I need to get a new one/look after the teeth I have!

So, homewards bound with the same ladies, talking movies, blokes you shouldn't fancy but do (Tim Curry wtf??) and what was for brekkie - can you tell that myself and Rhayfen are following the Roller Derby Workout Challenge including meal plans, she was starving lol.

well thats enough waffle from me, I'm off for some lentil soup! Tile next time dear reader

xxx

0 comments: