BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday 4 January 2011

Think like Dory!!

Just keep skating, just keep skating, skating skating skating la la laaaaa......... it'll become clear soon enough ;)


ok so I haven't blogged for a while, sorry 'bout that! Life, health and stuff got in the way, but hey you're reading this so it must be update time!!

After a minor health blip a fortnight ago which stopped me completing a saturday skate (and also got me frustrated to the point of tears) I'm back on the old wheels again with a vengance. So, after selling some relics from my past, and doing a bit of digging I decide its about time to invest in some better knee pads and some ass protection! So off to the skate shop I go and come out with some awesome Pro Tek knees and crash pads - figured I'd pick up some outdoor wheels while there too so listened to the 'knowledgable' shop assistant and got a set of pink wheels for what I figured was the reasonable price of £20. Happy days!

Wednesday - freeskate night, perfect chance to try out the new pads. Knees, fiddly to get on but my gawd you can feel the difference when you land on them! Crash pads, look well funny on, kinda like very odd cellulite but very easy to skate in and you get the added reassurance that if you ass plant its not gonna kill!

Saturday - left the house with Elmer nice and early so we got to the STAR centre with time to spare :) padded up and got put through the paces - squat, left, right, right, squat, single knee, squat.....bam! hit the floor lol first proper test of the crash pads and I am totally impressed and in love! straight up and at'em again with renewed confidence! ok, not overconfidence as I still havent mastered turns, heck I cant even get my feet in the right position but practise makes perfect right :) Then as we head into session 2 in comes Pixie Punchup! we get some skate drills done and are off into 3 'teams' to do some relay stuff. I'm not the best but I manage it and avoid the forfits!! yay!!! Then off to work on lateral skating before we start working on blocking :D

I love blocking :D we're told to skate up in pairs and as we get between the 2 sets of cones to block eachother as best we can. After a few gentle 'tickles' we kinda pick it up a bit and I have to say a huge thank you to my fab blocking partner but also a big apology for getting a bit innapropriately grabby - Amber will learn to keep her hands to herself from now on! The lurvely Pixie then decides we're gonna do some exercises with our skates on - leg lifts and bicycles!! The groans of pain echoed round the hall including a squeal of 'no more! I'm doing a marathon tomorrow!' from my wifey!! hahaha Left on a high!!

More to come sports fans....just thought I'd do a separate entry ;)

ttfn!

0 comments: