BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday 26 January 2011

Why CRoC rocks

I know its not a training day or a day after training where I usually babble but I needed an outlet so bear with me ok?


I stumbled into roller derby, what? 8 months ago? yeah that's about right. At the time I needed something to do as control of my life was being taken away bit by bit and I needed an outlet. I attended as many sessions as I could and made some great friends who were in the same derby boat as me, we were all there to learn just some did quicker than others. Things changed, people came and went and I was forced to take some time out. What I've usually found is that if you need to step away from a scene, people move on and you can be quickly forgotten. Derby changed this perception for me, I had team mates chatting away on various social network sites and asking when I was coming back and my awesome derby wife Rhayfen keeping me sane day to day.

And so I returned, back to the beginning once more, but things hadn't changed - there was still smiles and banter and although the girls had come on in leaps and bounds they were still welcoming no matter what level you were on. It's gonna take me some time and work to get up to speed, but I'm determined to get there and its nice to be back with my derby family.

No matter what's going on in your life, you're accepted for who you are - and that my friends is why derby, my lady brothers and CRoC rocks!

Much love to you all

xx

0 comments: