BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday 13 February 2011

Rollin, rollin, rollin.....

or you'd think so right, given that I've got ace new wheels :) Saturday saw me skating wifeless but that was OK as I was meeting lady brother Jinx :D The lovely Mrs Baxter was giving us a lift to Chanel View and when we got there it wasn't as cold as it usually was which was nice. After a little bit of chat while we padded up we went off to do our warm up laps. Hmmm, OK a bit of a wobble but new wheels means its to be expected right? T Licious tightens them up slightly as I've yet to manage to get my wheels set right and we go off to finish warm ups and stretching.

It was decided today's focus would be on fitness and cross overs/cross over training, awesome! After some 'fitness' skating and the dreaded planks we continued putting into practise what we had learned on Mondays session going in both clockwise and anti clockwise direction, after this we gathered into the centre and get set off in smaller groups to try out what we learned taking the 'jammer line' on the track. And so, the turn came for my small group and what happens as I go to skate to the line? BAM! Hello floor my old friend, long time no see! I felt like such a klutz but laughed it off anyway and gave it my best shot, still feeling a bit 'odd' on the wheels and I think I did OK :) Quick water break and it was then we discovered my problem - the new wheels were barely touching the floor! In fact, I could lean over with my skate flat to the floor and spin the wheel freely. Bye bye mister confidence, see you next week maybe? I brushed it off and decided to continue the rest of the session as best I could. We split into advanced and non advanced for the second half of the session and our group was working on basics such as turning and stopping. Mrs Baxter gave me a hand (literally) to discover which way I preferred to turn and reminded me that she's seen me do it before - more practise on that one girly! Due to the wheel issue I couldn't get the t stop thing so T Licious had a little chat about where my confidence has disappeared to and on my 'skating style' or lack thereof. After giving me a few tips on how to improve I gave it a go and felt and immediate difference in both stability and speed, problem was I couldn't stop lol - still that will come :) I kept practising my new stance/skating while the others practised more stops etc then we ended with a cool down and good stretch out session - good times but I was already writing up my 'for sale' ad for the Witch Doctor wheels lol

And so, the CRoC girls left the building to get ready for the launch party that evening..........

0 comments: