BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday 6 February 2011

Confidence by mail

Lets get up to speed with whats been going on shall we? So, Friday I promised another blog as something was going on later that day - well what a farce! I won't go into the major ins and outs but the evening ended up with myself, Rhayfen (plus sprogs), T-Licious, Kelly and Anna watching the filming of Gok Wan's new show (yawn!) We had a giggle, we stood our ground, we were threatened by a jumped up little cafe manager with security! On our way up to the balcony Mr Wan himself passes us, looked at me, clocked the skates then his eyes hit the floor and he kept walking - hahahahaha!! Oh and just as a note, postie turned up at 12.25!



Ok on to Saturday, exciting stuff as I got to try out my new skates! As you can see from the pic I've got the Sure Grip GT-50's, I was a little worried as my toe is right at the end of the boot but OMG what a difference! Wait! Lets start from the beginning of Saturday. Early up, realise the mister is getting up while I am downstairs so I sling the new skates into
my skate bag (he doesn't know I've bought them lol) which means lugging 2 sets of skates to practise! It also meant taping them up etc when I got there, losing precious skate time :( Switched my pusher wheels in straight away then padded up and skates on. The difference a well fitting skate made to me straight away, there is much more cushioning to the Sure Grip boot compared to the R3's so they were really comfortable from the word go. OK, the Rock wheels need swapping out once I figure out the best set to go for as they were really slidey but one of the best things in my opinion ROUND TOE STOPS! How I have missed you lol. A few laps to adjust to the new skatey goodness and I thought I'd try joining in with some of the things the girls were upto including walking on your toe stops (presumably leading up to running on our toe stops?) Anyways, up on my toes I went, a bit wobbly at first but then I discovered I was much more stable than I thought and could move pretty quickly on the spot on them and can walk on them too :) Carried on with a few more laps and had a bit of a natter with T-Licious who's slowly putting me right with my skating style. I have to say though, the difference having a proper fitting skate was amazing and my confidence has come up alot further now :)

After the session was lunch with the wife, T-Licious, knuckle sandwich Nancy and Up Ya Jonsey - an interesting time to say the least, even if I decided I didn't like my 'glorified kebab' sub hahahaha. Quote of the day "Ooh even my drink is CRoC coloured!". From there we had a team meeting at Mrs Baxter's house, lots of stuff sorted, lots of laughs had and lots of fun/work ahead! However I do now have my CRoC hoodie which had pockets within pockets!!

By the end of the day I was happy to be home - at which point I was greeted with my favourite kind of post, me pressies! This time in the form of Gum Ball toe stops and Blood and Thunder magazine. Made for some fab Sunday morning reading.

Right, I think I've bored you enough for now so I'll sign off

Emilie
xxxx




0 comments: